Carrel assignments for the Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 academic year were announced to recipients on September 7, 2016. If you did not receive an email, your application has been wait-listed for possible assignment later this year.
Applications were received August 1 through August 31, 2016.
This system is for Library West only. For study rooms and carrels in other libraries, please inquire at the Circulation Desk at that library.
- All applications will be reviewed during the first week of the Fall semester.
- For Faculty Study Carrels, any current University of Florida faculty member who is in a Humanities & Social Sciences field may apply. Priority is given first to those on sabbatical leave who are using the resources of Library West, and second to those at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- For Graduate Study Carrels, priority consideration is extended to currently enrolled doctoral candidates writing their dissertations in a Humanities & Social Sciences field, followed by currently enrolled graduate students completing their master's theses in a Humanities & Social Sciences field. Students registered with the UF Disability Resource Center will be extended special consideration.
- A waiting list is maintained so that carrels that are relinquished during the year may be reassigned.
- The assignment period will end on Friday, April 28, 2017. Renewal of study carrels is not automatic and reassignment is not guaranteed.
- See policies: